The New Marlborough Meeting House represents both the classic purity of New England architecture and the vitality of New England’s communitarian spirit. The present structure, located on the footprint of two previous buildings, the earlier dating to the 1740s, was built in 1839 on plans drawn by noted New England architect Henry A. Sykes. In 1972, it was sold (for $1) by the Congregational Church to the newly formed New Marlborough Village Association. NMVA immediately addressed the structural integrity of the long-vacant building. Starting in 1991, it became the venue for Music and More, a summertime series of chamber-music concerts and literary discussions created by pianist and New Marlborough resident Harold Lewin, that has been the cultural heart of the community ever since. Later in the decade, it created a splendid art gallery on the ground floor. In 2016, the Village Association completed a second set of renovations — a new roof, fresh paint inside and out, and, notably, new stairs that restore the entry to Sykes’s original. Today, the Meeting House, which continues to bring superb music and art to southern Berkshire County and is available for weddings and other occasions, stands proudly at the edge of the Village Green, its pristine lines gleaming as never before. To reserve the Meeting House for an event,
New Marlborough Village Association
Welcome to the New Marlborough Village Association, home of the exceptional Music and More Series and the Meeting House Art Gallery. The 2019 season will mark Music and More's 28th year of bringing the finest performers and programs to the Berkshires. This year's schedule offers six unforgettable evenings, concluding with our great favorite, Award Winning Authors, hosted by Simon Winchester. Join us!
Copyright NMVA.. All rights reserved.
The 2019 NMVA Winter House Concert Series will be announced later this fall.
The Music and More 2019 program of events
will be announced in the spring.